sexta-feira, 17 de setembro de 2010

Whatever your problem is the next version will fix it

I think this is a very common myth on IT environments. Throughout the years I've found myself involved in situations where there was a situation with a particular product (framework, database, etc.) and after some "investigation" the conclusion is that the problem will be fixed in the next product version.
It's as if all hope is deposited in the next version of a product.

From my experience this is specially true for scalability and performance problems. "This SQL puts a lot of inexplicable I/O on our disks but I read somewhere that the next version will fix it."

Even though product development may put some effort into bug-fixing in between versions, new versions are most commonly used to release new functionality and technological changes.

Sem comentários: